Dr. Allen Moses is the inventor of The Moses® and The Moses® Elite appliances. They are extremely successful in treating snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnea in adults.
Over the past few years, Dr. Moses has been aware of the need in the market for a semi-custom appliance that will provide relief to patients that suffer from sleep apnea and snoring, but cannot afford the cost of a custom appliance or are apprehensive to use an oral appliance. Using the same principles of “The Moses”, Dr. Moses produced a version of his custom appliance fulfilling the void, thus allowing dentists to expand their practices, and patients to experience relief at an extremely reduced cost.
Moses Express – intended to be used on adult patients 18 years of age and older as a aid for the reduction and/or alleviation of snoring and mild to moderate sleep apnea. It is intended to be used as a permanent device fit over upper and lower retainers.
Express 4 Sleep – intended for use on adult patients 18 years of age and older for the temporary or trial treatment of snoring and mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. It is intended to be used for a maximum of 30 consecutive days, and retainers are not required.
Solution: MOSES EXPRESS or EXPRESS 4 SLEEP
The Moses Express and Express 4 Sleep appliances are FDA cleared, intraoral mouthpieces for the treatment of sleep apnea and snoring. The unique design features put it in a class by itself – oral airway dilator. It is the first such adjustable, customizable device that can be delivered chairside in 5 -10 minutes. It is a manufactured mouthguard type of flexible material, dual-layer injection molded. The inner layer softens in hot water and takes the shape of the posterior teeth for a secure, snug, comfortable fit. The outer layer remains stable. The upper and lower arches are set to a predetermined position by selection of one of the nine patented bite sticks. There is only one size of the Moses Express and Express 4 Sleep but both can be made in three vertical heights and three horizontal positions.
- Customizable device that can be made chairside in ten minutes
- No costly laboratory fee
- By supporting the lower jaw in a slightly protrusive position, the Express 4 Sleep passively advances the tongue.
- The design allows the lips to remain comfortably closed to facilitate nasal breathing
- The open anterior design allows forward tongue advancement
- The Express 4 Sleep increases volume of space in the mouth for the tongue, decreasing the likelihood of its collapsing on the airway during sleep.
- It easily allows mouth or nose breathing and clear speech.
- It is very durable – will not break or crack if dropped.
- There is very little or no trimming or polishing and few, if any, adjustments for sore spots.
- If it is not made perfectly the first time, simply repeat and refit until the fit is perfect.
- Best news is that the Express 4 Sleep is very affordable to sleep apnea patients and snorers.